This past year has been the beginning of so many firsts and that is true as well of GSF. Go! Spread! Fire! is a community service, outreach, missions and humanitarian aid organization that we serve with for our outreach in the DC Metro area. We helped to start it 3 years ago and it has gone from a 5 person group going to feed the homeless and reach out to kids to a worldwide missions support organization. The Washington, DC Metro area is now one of about 7 hubs around the world that has teams “Doin’ the Stuff’ with churches and humanitarian organizations serving local communities through churches in their own communities.
This week in DC, we:
1. Gave away over 1200 bottles of water in: Rockville, Bethesda, Georgetown, and DC.
In Georgetown alone, we gave away about 300 in 11-15 minutes! People are so INTERESTED!
2. Planted tracts with $1 wrapped around them in Rockville, Bethesda and DC.
3. Did our ministry to the visitors of DC with the GSF DC Photo ministry called: Deeper than Dermis or the “DC Photo Group.”
4. Trained on Sharing our faith and developed our brand new business card tract that we LOVE! (We will put this up later in .pdf so you all can use it if you wish for your own ministries.
5. Handed out Bibles in Rockville and believe it or not, people WANTED them!!!!
6. Gave away our Tapestry Yellow, (evangelism) Bags with CD’s and such in Rockville, DC and Bethesda.
7. Made Animal Balloons for kids in DC.
8. Re-Landscaped an entire church yard for a struggling Baptist Church in Bethesda that we LOVE dearly and believe is going to become a force in our community with us!
9. Worked on flower beds, shrubs and landscaping on a church in Rockville that is trying to survive a transition in ministry. We also believe that they are going to GROW out the windows as they are affected by the love of GOD.
(Both of these churches are so important to us because they are such a part of the community and they have older members that we young folks hope to inspire! Our new belief is that NO MORE REAL ESTATE should go to the Devil!)
And much more!
On our highest one day, we had 8 outreaches! And the stories we have are unbelievable from a brother and sister reunited that met through MySpace and met just days before in DC, that we got to take their picture for to people thirsty at buss stops that were so encouraged by a simple bottle of water.
As GSF grows this year, we know that we are expanding to invite youth and college students from all over the US to join us for one week. We will be opening it up to 40 people. With that said, we know that again next year, there will be a lot of new things going on with multiple teams and multiple outreaches all over the metro area simultaneously. It’s a little daunting, however with the well-trained and 3 year seasoned team that has been going out monthly with us, we KNOW it will be AMAZING!
I want to encourage you to take part. Keep your eyes open in about November as we release the details. We already have it almost totally planned, so be inspired, ignited and encouraged! GSF!
Copyright © 2007 the Tapestry Church. This Feed is for personal non-commercial use only.
Plugin by Taragana
Popularity: 2% [?]